What are the interest rates or APR?
APR is the rate of the total charge for credit expressed as an annual percentage of the total amount of the credit. We will show you typical repayments and representative APRs but the final figures will depend on the lender, the specific terms of your loan, and your individual financial circumstances.
Do you take a fee?
FundsPlus we do not charge a fee, however, that you may be referred to a lender or a broker who charges a fee so you should check with them carefully.
Is my loan guaranteed?
All applications are subject to status and checks will be undertaken. These may include credit and fraud prevention searches to find the right product for you and for your protection.
How do you find me a loan?
We will search our panel of lenders using the information you supply when you make your application. We match this against the criteria used by lenders to accept customers. Using this information, we can match you with the provider who offers the most appropriate loan for your personal circumstances.
Why have I been made a different final offer from the one provided in your quote?
This could happen if the information you have provided is not correct or if a lender's additional checks have shown a lower than average credit score. We are happy to obtain your credit records for you or you may wish to contact the major credit reference agencies (Experian, Equifax or Callcredit) for additional information. There may be some anomalies on your credit report which are hindering your search for a loan.
What do we do?
We are a credit broker and not a lender. With large number of lenders in the market, finding the right loan to match your circumstances can be difficult. We do the legwork for you.
I have completed the application. What happens next?
If your application is accepted by a lender, you will be provided with login details and instructions on how to proceed.
How long will it take me to get a loan?
Once you've completed your application, we will present you with the best loan options to suit your circumstances. We like to show you the range of loan types for which you may be eligible. If your loan application is approved by one of our lenders funds can be transferred on the same day. Please note, however, that Guarantor and Logbook loans can take longer to process after approval as lenders may need to gather more information through affordability checks or valuations of vehicles. Please ask your lender directly about timescale variations.
Do I qualify for a loan?
Every situation is different and so is every loan. The eligibility criteria varies by lender. There are, however, standard criteria requirements that you will be expected to meet in order to apply.
- You are at least 18 years of age
- You are actively employed or have regular income
- You have a UK bank account with a debit card
- You are a UK resident with a verifiable address
What is Auto Decisioning?
What is a loan broker?
A licensed loan broker is an individual or company whose function is to match lenders with those needing funds. As a credit broker we introduce you to one of our panel of lenders who, subject to approval and affordability checks, will provide you with a loan.
I have a query/complaint. What are my next steps?
If you have a query or compliant regarding your loan or the loan agreement, then you should contact your lender directly. If you have a query or complaint about this website, you should use our Contact Us page. If you remain dissatisfied with our response to a complaint, you should contact the Financial Ombudsman Service. Further information is available at www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk
Things to consider when borrowing
It's important to have a sense of what you are looking for, what your needs are and what kind of things you should be trying to find out as a borrower. Here are some of the consideration once you have decided to borrow money:
- Check whether you are eligible to apply for the type of credit in question if you do not in fact meet the basic eligibility requirements.
- See what information you will need when applying, and make sure this information is accurate when filling out the application form.
- Research the different options available, you should then compare the costs between different lenders for that type of credit and ensure you fully understand what all the costs will be. This includes finding out if there are any extra fees on top of the interest you will be charged on the original amount.
- Understand what impact borrowing may have on your credit history.
- Check the repayment terms of the lender you want to borrow from, including accepted methods of repayment. It's important to only take out credit which you will be able to afford the repayments on.
Reasons for borrowing money
Taking out such a loan just to cover an expensive and non-essential item, or to facilitate regularly spending beyond your means on non-essential things, are not responsible forms of borrowing. The exact nature of your situation will affect the type of credit you are likely to use. A payday loan meanwhile is intended to cover urgent and essential one-time expenses, such as car repairs or unexpected costs or replacing an important appliance.
I am getting this loan to consolidate my debts, is there anything you can do to help?
If you are thinking of consolidating existing borrowing you should be aware that it may involve repaying a higher rate of interest, extending the terms of the debt and increasing the total amount you repay.
If you're struggling to repay your current credit commitments or you cannot get approved for a more affordable consolidation loan, we would recommend you seek independent debt advice from one of the debt charities. See www.stepchange.org and www.Nationaldebtline.org for more information
I am in debt. Is a loan the best option for me?
Depending on your circumstances, a loan may well be the right option. If you are already struggling to get by and using this loan to cover other debts, however, you may want to look at other non-lending solutions such as Debt Management Plans or Individual Voluntary Arrangements. We would recommend that you seek independent debt advice from one of the debt charities. See www.stepchange.org and www.Nationaldebtline.org for more information.
WARNING: Protect yourself from scams
There are some general things we should all do to avoid scams:
- Treat all unexpected calls, emails and text messages with caution. Don't assume they're genuine, even if the person seems to know some basic information about you.
- Do not be pressured into acting quickly. A genuine bank or financial services firm won't mind waiting if you want time to think.
- Never give out your bank account or credit card details unless you are certain who you are dealing with.
- If you are buying a financial product such as a loan, insurance, investment or pension, only deal with a FCA-authorised firm - check FCA Register to see if the firm is registered. Always access the Register from FCA website, rather than through links in emails or on a firm's website (it might be part of the scam).
- Double-check the URL and contact details of a firm in case it's a 'clone firm' pretending to be a real firm, such as your bank or a genuine investment firm.
- Check the list of unauthorised firms and individuals FCA have received complaints about. If the firm isn't on that list, don't assume it's legitimate - it may not have been reported to FCA yet.
- Check your bank account and credit card statements regularly.
For more advice on the basic steps everyone should take to avoid scams, check out:
- Action Fraud
- Take 5
- Money Advice Service
If you think you have been scammed, find out how to report it to FCA.
WARNING: SCAM ALERT
Please be aware that fraudsters are sending scam emails using our FCA authorised firm and our office address to try to convince people to give them personal details and upfront fees to obtain loan deals.
Clone firm details:
Fraudsters are using or giving out the following details as part of their tactics to scam people in the UK, firm name TOPUP FINANCE LTD (Clone of authorised firm), may they calling you or asking you to call a phone number: 0161 818 4568. They asking for an upfront payment with different reasons (insurance charge, amazon gift card, etc). This firm is not authorised but has been targeting people in the UK, claiming to be us.
YOU MUST NOT MAKE ANY PAYMENT or share your personal details.
ADV FINANCE LTD t/a FundsPlus is a credit broker and not a lender. Our service is entirely free of charge.
We do not charge you fees or insurance costs for the services provided and we do not require any credit/debit card details to all our clients. Any request for payment in our name is a scam, please do not pay it.
If you suspect that a clone firm or any other unauthorized firm have contacted you and tried to obtain personal details please contact the Financial Conduct Authority consumer helpline at 0800 111 6768 if you have any questions please email us at email@example.com